Happy National Hot Dog Day!
Here are a few places in Memphis that have hot dogs (and holiday-appropriate hot dog specials):
– Hog and Hominy has an incredible beef and cheddar dog on both their lunch and dinner menus.
– Chiwawa has several gourmet hot dogs and a corn dog.
– Oshi Burger has six different gourmet all-beef hot dogs, chicken sausage, and lamb sausage with crazy toppings.
– You can celebrate with a corn dog or sausage dog from Carnival Food Drive Thru and then wash it down with a funnel cake and some lemonade.
– Lunchbox Eats has the Principal's Office Link, which is a hot sausage topped with fried eggs, lettuce, tomatoes and sauce, wrapped in a grilled cheese sandwich. Just think about that for a second.
– Elwood's Shack on Summer Avenue has the best hot dog I've had probably in my life. The BBQ Slaw Dog is an all-beef hot dog topped with slightly spicy slaw made of purple cabbage, jalapeños, and blue cheese. Yes. Blue cheese.
– Blues City Hot Dogs on Highland has ten hot dogs on their menu (including a veggie dog) with every kind of topping from shrimp to cheesy grits to the "Elvis Dog" – bacon wrapped and served in pancake with syrup.
Where are you celebrating? Know of any other hot dog specials? Add them in the comments.
https://memphissmbmedia.wordpress.com/2015/07/23/happy-national-hot-dog-day-2015-heres-where-to-celebrate/ from Memphis SMB Media