Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Ask Anything About Memphis, We’ll Get The Answers

Local historian and tour guide Jimmy Ogle is a walking encyclopedia of Memphis, and now is your chance to take advantage of his genius.

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 11.13.31 AM
Photo of Jimmy Ogle by Mike Brown, via jimmyogle.com

Leave me your questions about history, people, places, architecture, and urban legends in the comments on this post by Friday, July 17 at 10 a.m., and my podcast cohost Kevin and I will get answers from Jimmy when we record the next edition of the I Love Memphis Podcast next week.

Think of this as an AMA ("ask me anything") on Reddit, except the questions are mostly for him and they should be about Memphis. Even if we can't get to all the questions on air, I'll do my best to answer the rest in an upcoming post.

Mr. Ogle is a bit of a legend around town: I've heard about his enthusiasm for our city and its past and present basically since I moved here. He's the one who helped me solve the mystery of the Yellow Robot Guys, the one who took my predecessor on a tour of the Memphis underground storm drains, and he gives regular free walking tours of different parts of the city (scroll down to see that tour schedule).

What would you ask the man who knows basically everything about Memphis history, people, places, and trivia? Leave the questions in the comments by 10 a.m. on Friday, July 17 and we'll pass them along!

I Love Memphis via http://www.ilovememphisblog.com/2015/07/ask-anything-about-memphis-well-get-the-answers/




https://memphissmbmedia.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/ask-anything-about-memphis-well-get-the-answers/ from Memphis SMB Media

No comments:

Post a Comment